Sunday, April 4, 2021

One card only - shiny DonRuss Zenith

This is another card that arrived in the eBay package that turned out to be one that I didn't already have. I blogged the regular base version of this card six months ago, and now here's the shiny version.

Card Number 632: DonRuss Zenith Silver Artist's Proof, 2005; #234

There were also gold Artist's Proof cards, which I presume were rarer.

This card really pops on the scan!


The back is the same as the regular released version. I didn't have much to say about it when I blogged the base version, and I don't have much to add now.


However, one thing I noticed when I filed this card is that the image of Tony had appeared previously on a DonRuss Fan Club card in 2002, so there's a little bit of photo reuse going on.


They've even been consistent in how they've cropped out his bat. That's amused me, I must admit.

Total: 632 cards


2 comments:

  1. Nice detective work. I guess Donruss was hoping collectors would forget they used the same image 3 years earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to be honest, I only noticed because I put it in the same bainder page as the other one :)

      Delete