Monday, August 29, 2022

Modern Monday - another class of Gold Label

I'm not consistent in how I write the headers for Gold Label cards. The "class" of the card is sometimes in brackets, sometimes not. But I doubt anyone cares too much. I feel people come to my blog to look at the cards rather than read what I'm calling them.

Card Number 1036: Topps Gold Label - class 2, 2021; #12

The class 1 and class 3 cards issued in 2021 are in this post from February, although actually one of those cards is a black parallel, so I think that means I'm missing the standard version...

All three classes of cards in the 2021 issue juxtaposed that ever-so-cool photo of young Tony with an action shot from his later years. In this one elder Tony is running the bases. I also like the juxtaposition of 'San Diego' on elder Tony's uniform and 'Padres' on younger Tony's jacket. (I want a jacket like that!)

The classes in Topps Gold Label, basically mean there are three sets to collect, all with the same numbering and cardbacks. So there isn't much to add to what I've previously said about this cardback. 

Total: 1036 cards

3 comments:

  1. In general Topps Gold Label is my favorite Topps release. I think in 2021 they started to drop the ball. They are nice looking cards, but 2021 just feels like I have seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THats a beautiful card. I dont have any desire to collect cards that I cant figure out what they are. Gold Label and Some of the Flair Showcase from late 90s and early 2000s to name a few...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I find it annoying when companies purposefully decide to make identfication difficult. That's why I give bonus points when they include the year on the manufacturer logo or set name.

      Delete