Monday, August 22, 2022

Modern Monday - crowned a Diamond King again

Another 2022 release, this time from Ryan in the UK collectors group on Facebook. Cheers, Ryan!

Card Number 1027: Panini Diamond Kings, 2022; #12

The painted effect on the card is pretty standard fare from Diamond Kings, with less blue in the design than last year.  


The back is a bit dull, but it has a baseball diamond in the background. Nice touch!


There's a quote from Tony on the back with a nugget of wisdom for aspiring hitters. I'm not convinced it's actually helpful!

Panini's use of these zombie brands is under threat from new licensing deals, and it's unlikely Diamond Kings will continue for many more seasons. So enjoy them while you can!

Total: 1027 cards.


3 comments:

  1. Diamond Kings have been my favorite Panini release in the last 3 or 4 years. This year is just boring. Unfortunately I feel that way for most of this years release. I am thankful that there has been a lot fewer Gwynns released in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the painting look, though sometimes they look great and sometimes they look terrible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be a huge fan of DK if Panini had an MLB license. The front of the card itself is nice. The artist's obscure style helped me take my mind off of being logoless for a second.

    ReplyDelete