Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Tuesday Twins - preview refractor

This card was in the bundle I bought recently. I'd mentally discounted it as a dupe when I bought the bundle, but when it arrived I got a pleasant surprise because it had a multi-coloured sheen on it, and the word 'refractor' on the back. There was an additional surprise when I went to log it on Trading Card Database and found out it had the wrong card number, because I was looking in the wrong set and it was a preview card.

One of the fun things about collecting cards from the 90s is finding out what cards they actually are!

Card Number 588: Bowman's Best Previews Refractors, 1996; #BBP10


This card has suffered some serious warping. I reckon it's bowed about a millimetre across the width. Apart from the rainbow sheen, it is exactly the same as the regular Bowman's Best shiny card (which I blogged about back in November!

The Bowman's Best Preview cards were included as inserts in the regular Bowman set from 1996, with 30 cards from the Bowman's Best range available as the regular style cards and the refractors.

The cardback is also exactly the same as the regualar edition, apart from the top left corner where it has the number and the word 'refractor'. The cardback, with its "stat-scan" and "super skill" is worth having twice.


So that's today's 'twin', which I thought was a refractor parallel of a card I had and turned out to be a refractor parallel from a whole other different set.

Total: 588 cards

1 comment: