Sunday, November 29, 2020

One card only - Textbook Excellence

This is another card that arrived in the parcel that cost me an admin fee and got delivered to the wrong house

Card Number 509: Upper Deck, 1999; #T24

This was from a 30-card insert series in series 2 of Upper Deck's main release.


I like cards like this. It reminds me of the Big League Beat card that I blogged about before (but which was actually released a couple of years later).

There is an odd effect on Tony's sunglasses on the back, which makes him look futuristic.


There's a very nice summary on the back that manages to be a bit different. The word "grace" doesn't often appear in write-ups on baseball cards, but this is one where it does.

Total: 509 cards



1 comment:

  1. I'd definitely describe Gwynn inside of the batter's box as graceful. And I never had a pair of those Oakley sunglasses... but I remember them being very popular back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete