Saturday, May 8, 2021

Black bordered All Star

Black bordered cards always look classy.

Card Number 671: Fleer (All Star Card), 1992; #2

There were 24 All Star cards to collect as inserts in the main Fleer set in 1992.


There is a long, sober summary of Tony's career to date on the back.


A couple of things stand out from that. One is how close Tony was to winning the batting title in 1991. Also his base-stealing exploits are often overlooked, but two seasons with more that 40 stolen bags, and stealing five in one game are aspects of his career that are worth being reminded about.

Total: 671 cards

Bonus note: I was going to title this post as 'Bordered in Black', but then I remembered there is a creepy short story by Larry Niven called that. Someone has uploaded it onto Scribd.

2 comments:

  1. I love this set's design. I'm pretty sure I attempted to build it back in the day. Not sure if I reached my goal or not though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit like the first Pinnacle sets. Also very nice cards.

      Delete