Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Tuesday Twins - X exclusive

I hadn't heard of Allen & Ginter X until Paul from the Facebook group sent me a picture of this card. Apparently it was an online exclusive version of Allen & Ginter. I have expressed reservations about the Allen & Ginter shebang a few times now. And yet, this is the fifth version of this card in my collection.

Card Number 576: Topps Allen & Ginter X, 2020; #128

The card is black. Classy.


Actually, to be fair, the three in a row look really nice sitting next to each other.


The main thing about the X card is that 'Gwynn' is much more prominent than on the regular base card or the chrome version. I thought the chrome was a definite improvement on the regular base. I'm almost of the opinion that the X is an improvement on the chrome. Almost.

The back looks like every other regular Allen & Ginter card.


I don't like the way Topps write out the numbers. I get that it's retro and trying to be quirky, but the charm has worn off for me. 

And just like that, I'm back on blogging break.

(Thanks again, Paul.)

Total: 576 cards


2 comments:

  1. The three in a row do look nice together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I moved them to their own page in my binder

      Delete