Thursday, January 20, 2022

Feeling Invincible in 2022

I realise it has been several weeks since I last blogged some cards. I have had my evenings occupied with other things so have neglected this a little. However, here we are in 2022. I have added a few cards to the collection while the blog has been on hiatus, so the number of cards waiting to be blogged has increased. (And I feel the pressure!)

I hope to get back to blogging regularly before the month is out. Meanwhile, here are some "Invincible" cards because we want to feel positive about the new year and invincibility is just positivity set to maximum!

Card Number 901: Pacific Invincible, 1998; #139


I like these cards with their little acetate windows of clarity. This one is really shiny, so this is an overhead scan of the front. 

And a bilingual back! Because it's printed on acetate, the image of Tony is reversed out. 


Card Number 902: Pacific Invincible Reyes del Diamante, 2000; #25

A variant on the phrase 'Diamond King'. I'm surprised DonRuss let Pacific get away with that!

There were 30 Kings of the Diamond in this insert series, and a further 20 Diamond Aces who were all pitchers. Although they look like playing cards, they all have the same value so would be rubbish for actually playing card games. 

The back is done to look like a playing card. Apart from the tell-tale player name!


And that's the first post of 2022 done. I will be back blogging regularly soon!

Total: 902 cards

3 comments:

  1. That's a neat little insert set and I'm fan of the acetate cards. I didn't know Pacific made those back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when I wasn't a big fan of the excessive gold foil used by Pacific in the 90's... I still loved the Incredible acetate cards. Happy New Year Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When these came out I thought these were the coolest looking cards. They are still awesome! If I remember correctly this is was what Pacific Prism evolved into.1

    ReplyDelete